Deadline: 4 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH CSP Coordinator in Zahle, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Wash CSP Coordinator is responsible for coordination and implementation of WASH-related Community Support Projects (CSP) within the Bekaa area and managing the day to day activities of WASH related field staff to ensure proper delivery, high quality results and compliance to applicable laws, standards, practices, policies and procedures in coordination with the WASH Project Manager.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH CSP Coordinator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the WASH strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Community Support Projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from the line manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular reports to the Project Manager on project implementation.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Follow up on project procurement plans and ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to NRC’s procedures.
- Design tailored solutions for the different areas and types of intervention, taking into account the national WASH strategy standards, SPHERE standards and specific needs.
- Lead the identification of areas of intervention for Community Support Projects (CSP) related to water, sanitation, hygiene and solid waste management, based on NRC guidelines.
- Draft all necessary project documents, including but not limited to project proposals, MoUs, work plans, procurement plans, spending plans, M&E plans, risk matrices, O&M plans, progress reports, etc., to ensure the projects meet NRC’s standards and expected quality.
- Lead the development and review of technical designs, drawings, Bill of Quantities and other technical documentation necessary for project realization.
- Ensure detailed and accurate tender documentation including Bill of Quantities, Technical Specifications, Scope of Work and quality assurance.
- Supervise contractor work closely during the implementation phase, ensuring high quality implementation.
- Ensure that project processes and related information are properly documented and ensure high technical quality and transparent processes.
- Provide regular updates, feedback, photos and stories on field implementation, particularly those which share relevant and timely information or which demonstrate impact of activities.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil, Hydraulic, Environmental or Public Health Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Certificate or proven experience in computer-aided design (e.g. AutoCAD) necessary.
- Certificate or proven experience in water network and electromechanical works as asset.
- Experience with start-up of projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.