Deadline: 31 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Hygiene Promotion Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration this post is 1 year.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Hygiene Promotion Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Collate data from the WASH Assistants and prepare regular reports on activities and WASH conditions for monitoring.
- Assess and advise on capacity building needs within the team to ensure effective developments of the quality standards for the Sanitation activities.
- Promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Facilitate appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
- Supervise Hygiene Promotion activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Supervise WASH activities and resources so that they are implemented and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Recruit, train, and manage subordinate/environmental health agents staff including performance appraisal.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH program.
- Support the WASH PC in ensuring implementation of the complaints mechanism and ensure feedback is timely to the beneficiaries.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the WASH sector and between sectors such as Health and Shelter.
- Preparation of reports, guidelines and other strategic documentation.
- Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
Applicants must have:
- BSc or Advance Diploma in Public health or nursing/environmental health or related experience.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience from working as WASH Hygiene Promotion Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- First Degree or postgraduate diploma in Environmental Health or similar relevant discipline.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes of at least 3 year’s experience in a humanitarian and development program preferably with an INGO..
- Experience in undertaking hygiene promotion in a relief program is essential.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Possession of strong administrative and management skills with a willingness to follow relevant policies and procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.