Deadline: 12 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WaSH Hygiene Promotion officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 4 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WaSH Hygiene Promotion officer will perform following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with WASH strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines andstandards.
- WASH specific technical responsibility for implementation of hygiene and sanitation activities.
- WASH specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for hygiene promotion activities.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle, in training, and in the use of tool kits and other materials.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues are incorporated into the WASH programming.
- Promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services
- Facilitate appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
- Supervise WASH activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Travel regularly to all the NRC implementation sites assessing adherence to set hygiene standards and M&E procedures.
- Assist the WASH team leader in development of rapid response and contingency plans.
- Assess and advise on capacity building needs within the team to ensure effective developments of the quality standards for the WASH activities.
- Support the WASH team leader in ensuring implementation of the complaints mechanism and ensure feedback is timely to the beneficiaries.
- Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
- Produce at least one case study per year of the best practices in WASH programming.
Applicants must have:
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree in Medicine / Healthcare / Social.
- Technical background in Public Health.
- First degree or postgraduate in Environmental Health or similar relevant discipline.
- Experience from working as a WaSH Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in implementation of both software and hardware components of WaSH activities.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Expertise in WaSH programming and integration with nutrition and health sectors.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.