Deadline: 26 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Mizana, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The WASH Officer will be responsible for providing a range of support within their area of expertise e.g. starting the project with coordination of community and beneficiaries on project site, giving advice and monitoring for implementing project on project site and doing coordination with stakeholder like DoEc and DoRR.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Understand program goals, objectives, implementation plan and expected result / output.
- Responsible for assessment, project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments in projects.
- Experience in working in insecure/conflict environments.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
- Prepare WASH technical documents.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Participate actively in project coordination meetings.
- Coordinate closely his or her activities with WASH coordinator.
- Assist her/his direct supervisor/PM on planning, organizing, facilitating and monitoring of projects.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Minimum 3 year’s of experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in Civil Engineering, environmental engineering and water management engineering background.
- Technical Shelter and WASH expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC