Deadline: 26 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Mizana, Afghanistan.
The WASH Officer will be responsible for providing a range of support within their area of expertise e.g. starting the project with coordination of community and beneficiaries on project site, giving advice and monitoring for implementing project on project site and doing coordination with stakeholder like DoEc and DoRR.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions-
- Understand program goals, objectives, implementation plan and expected result / output.
- Responsible for assessment, project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments in projects.
- Experience in working in insecure/conflict environments.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
- Prepare WASH technical documents.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Participate actively in project coordination meetings.
- Coordinate closely his or her activities with WASH coordinator.
- Assist her/his direct supervisor/PM on planning, organizing, facilitating and monitoring of projects.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 year’s of experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in Civil Engineering, environmental engineering and water management engineering background.
- Technical Shelter and WASH expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC