Deadline: 15 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Valencia, Venezuela.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Research and analyze regional/national political, WASH, health, and social and economic development trends.
- Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to facilitate programme development, design and preparation.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
- Assist in the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results, as well as related strategies, through analysis of WASH sector needs and priorities.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decision.
- Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required: water and sanitation engineering, civil engineering, public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Working level knowledge of English is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.