Deadline: 14 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer: Water Engineer in Kibondo, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The WASH Officer: Water Engineer will perform the following functions-
- Help plan and carry out need’s assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
- Help plan activities to reduce WASH-related risks.
- Collate data from the incentive workers and prepare regular reports on activities and WASH conditions for monitoring.
- Coordinate with the other Officers to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH response are integrated.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the WASH sector and between sectors such as health and shelter.
- Represent NRC in co-ordination meetings with the other IPs, section and block leaders and other stakeholders.
- Preparation of the project reports in a timely manner, guidelines and other strategic documentation.
- Oversee installation and rehabilitation of water facilities ensuring quality and as per specified technical drawings.
- Facilitate appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
- Participate in the requests for project materials; undertake technical verification of project materials upon delivery, and organize for branding where necessary and also call for distribution to the beneficiaries.
- Development of rapid response and contingency plans.
- Recruit, train, and manage incentive workers (plumbers, water quality, chlorinators and masons) including performance appraisal.
- Organize day-to-day logistics, administration, and personnel activities together with the Shelter Project Officer in the assigned camp.
- Overall supervision of the incentive team in charge of project materials storage and distribution to ensure enough stock.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Technical background in Civil engineering, water resources and Environmental engineering or similar relevant discipline.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes of at least 3 year’s experience in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an INGO.
- Experience in undertaking water engineering in a relief programme is essential.
- Proven ability to use EPANET, AutoCAD, MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential.
- Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Experience in implementation of technical works in water resources engineering is an added advantage.
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.