Deadline: 15 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) will perform the following functions:
- Identification and reporting of infrastructure works and repairs needed in the informal settlements, abandoned buildings and collective shelters.
- Conduct WASH technical assessments and engage with the community to create an essential understanding of perceptions, needs, coping mechanisms, capacities, existing norms, leadership structures and priorities.
- Develop plan to address beneficiary’s maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct performance assessments of installed equipment such as pumps, water filters.
- Provide beneficiaries with support and guidance on maintenance issues faced.
- Ensure that quality and accurate reports and supporting documentation on program activities are submitted timely and on a daily basis to the WASH Team Leader.
- Ensure that all information or data shared is done so in a manner that upholds the principle of data protection and confidentiality.
Applicants must have:
- At least 2 year’s proven construction and engineering experience.
- Knowledge in using AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Ability to think methodically and to manage projects using strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility and capacity of adaptation to a changing working environment.
- Qualification in relevant field (Civil Engineering).
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Basic knowledge written and spoken English is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.