Deadline: 13 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH/Shelter Assistant in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The WASH/Shelter Assistant will be responsible to assist the WASH/Shelter Project Officer in providing support in the development of NRC’s WASH/Shelter programming particularly on the emergency Water supply, Sanitation Intervention and Hygiene Promotion and Shelter as guided by the WASH and Shelter strategies and context and will assist the Project Manager in overall planning and design of on-going projects and future projects.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH/Shelter Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Conduct needs assessments, focus group discussions and community meetings, and other community mobilization activities related to shelter and wash activities including irrigation infrastructures.
- Support of the Wash/Shelter officer, establish and train the local community committees for shelter and wash project.
- Collaboration with Wash/Shelter Officer, conduct door to door visits to potential beneficiary households and correctly fill project related forms and questionnaires.
- Explain to the beneficiaries the project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents.
- Implement Wash and shelter construction activities, conduct technical damage assessment and the approval of work quality and ensure better management project tools.
- Conduct community sensitization, awareness and mobilization to encourage beneficiary commitment and engagement for Wash shelter activities.
- Support of the Wash/Shelter officer, conduct site monitoring visits to follow up on construction activities being carried out at selected housing units in the targeted communities.
- Respond to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit.
- Identify own training needs and share with supervisor for necessary support where possible.
- Report on daily activities of Incentive labor and complete documentation in regards to attendance and performance.
- Participate in field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation as directed by Wash/Shelter Officer.
- Participate in activities at distribution sites including registration of recipient households, verification of IDs, and signing of distribution lists by beneficiaries.
- Conduct household level M&E activities and develop success stories from project implementation
- Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Officer and/or the Project Coordinator.
Applicants must have:
- At least 2 year’s experience in a humanitarian and development programme.
- Technical background in public and environmental health, water, environmental and civil engineering.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staffs and target groups.
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.