Deadline: 19 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH/Shelter Technical Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH/Shelter Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with WASH & Shelter CC strategies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- WASH and Shelter specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of WASH and Shelter project(s).
- WASH/Shelter specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of WASH and Shelter project(s).
- WASH/Shelter specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities .
- WASH and Shelter specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of WASH and Shelter project(s).
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Implement WASH and Shelter activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct and humanitarian principles .
- Plan and carry out technical needs assessments, baseline and end line survey and feedback findings for internal and external use.
- Facilitate appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of WASH and Shelter services and facilities.
- Prepare BOQ, Technical Specifications and Drawings for WASH and Shelter facilities as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that standards (Sphere and National Standards) and specifications for activities are adhered to and give recommendations to the management as necessary.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues, like gender mainstreaming and environment protection, are incorporated into the WASH and Shelter programming.
- Ensure that protection is mainstreamed into WASH and Shelter programming.
- Assist the WASH/Shelter Coordinator in the development of rapid response and contingency plans.
- Assess and advise on capacity building needs within the team to ensure effective developments of quality standards for the WASH and Shelter activities.
- Ensure progress monitoring and support M&E activities (i.e. PDMs, PIMs, endline surveys).
- Coordinate with the entire WASH and Shelter teams to ensure that all the aspects of the response (engineering and soft components) are integrated.
- Contribute to the development of case studies of best practices in WASH and Shelter programming.
Applicants must have:
- University, Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Environmental Engineering or any other relevant discipline.
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in the WASH or Shelter sectors in humanitarian/recovery contexts.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in local Languages is highly desirable.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.