Deadline: 6 June 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Conakry, Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform following functions-
- Programme/project Planning, Development and Management
- Enhance effective programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral, planning, development and management by leading, guiding, coordinating and supporting the timely completion of the Situational Analysis and its periodic update through accurate and complete monitoring and analysis, and the timely preparation or finalization of sectoral input.
- Conduct field visits to monitor project as well as conduct periodic programme review and ensure project baseline survey.
- Establish with various stakeholders, annual and multi-years program planning.
- Knowledge Management
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned.
- Promote knowledge sharing and technical input or recommendations on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country.
- Rights-Based Programme with Results-Based Approach
- Promote the quality of rights-based WASH programme and programmes through participation in the formulation of programme/project goals, strategies and approaches.
- Bring coherence, synergy and added value to programme management processes using a results-based management approach to planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Sectoral Work Plan Development, Implementation, and Monitoring
- Take primary responsibility for the development of the sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for project management, implementation and monitoring of assigned project/sectoral activity, in compliance with the defined project strategies and approaches.
- Support maintenance of information system for monitoring gender/sex disaggregated data.
- Programme Management, Delivery, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation.
- Participation in major evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sector review meetings with government counterparts.
- Ensure the preparation of annual WASH sector status reports.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response) and the IASC Cluster approach.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- Fluency in local working language of the duty station (for NO).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.