Deadline: 10 February 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The WASH Specialist will support the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH programme within the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform following functions-
- Programme development and planning
- Draft the WASH inputs for the situation analysis.
- Provide timely, comprehensive and current data to inform WASH policy and programme development, planning, management and implementation.
- Keep abreast of WASH sector development trends, for maximum efficiency and effectiveness in programme design, management and implementation.
- Assist in the formulation of the WASH outcome and output results, related indicators, baselines, targets and means of verification.
- Prepare required documentation for programme reviews.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- With other external support agencies, strengthen national government WASH sector monitoring systems, with a focus on WASH outcomes (behaviors), using bottleneck analysis tools available in the sector (WASH-BAT, CSOs, SDAs).
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results for required action/interventions at the higher level of programme management.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Actively monitor UNICEF-supported activities through field visits, surveys and exchange of information with partners, to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely interventions.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Provide oversight of ongoing emergency operations in country
- Support Government of Indonesia in establishing a dedicated WASH Cluster and associated capabilities
- Support development of contingency planning and partnerships across sector partners and government agencies.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
- Prepare learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
- Create and deliver learning opportunities for UNICEF WASH staff, to ensure our sector capacity remains up-to-date with latest developments.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- First level university degree in combination with 8 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and another official UN language is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.