Deadline: 11 December 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Team Leader in Abs, Yemen. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The WASH Team Leader will be responsible to implement, oversee and coordinate WASH and Infrastructure activities.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Team Leader will perform the following functions-
- Project management:
- Oversee the design and implementation of all WASH/Infrastructure activities in Abs and newly identified geographic areas.
- Ensure regular reporting to meet both internal and external requirements.
- Carry out technical assessments to determine options and select best solutions based on technical, cost criteria and community priorities.
- Team management:
- Managing Officers and Assistants including development of work plans, daily supervision, and carrying out disciplinary action as needed.
- Ensure that laborers, contractors and any other workers are supervised, managed and paid on time.
- Ensure staff compliance with DRC’s Code of Conduct and humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Coordination and community engagement:
- Ensure the buy-in and participation of local communities in projects’ activities.
- Co-ordinate and work with government authorities, local government institutions, non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and local communities in order to ensure the smooth execution of program activities
- Leadership and technical support tasks:
- Carry out field / site assessments to determine WASH and Infrastructure needs and develop work plans, budget and procurement plan in line with needs
- Identify and prepare ToRs and contracts for technical consultants, as needed.
- Provide technical oversight and capacity building for the team members at field level.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in civil engineering.
- At least 2 years of direct experience in WASH and Shelter/Infrastructure.
- Solid planning, budgeting, M&E and computer skills.
- Experience in managing teams in field locations.
- Excellent social/diplomacy skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Arabic – Fluency, reading and writing
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English is required
- Nationality of Yemen.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.