Deadline: 6 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Team Leader in Bule Hora, Ethiopia.
The WASH Team Leader is responsible for coordination of the WASH CC projects within the West Guji and Gedeo zones.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Team Leader will perform following functions:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to WASH CC strategies development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of WASH projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from WASH/Shelter PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to WASH/Shelter PM.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Undertake contract management and tendering processes of the diverse contractors for WASH hardware and software activities.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the implementation of NRC WASH activities (Public Health Engineering, Public Health Promotion, water scheme Construction) in the Guji and Gedeo zones.
- Ensure that assessment, programme design and implementation considers needs and vulnerabilities in Guji and Gedeo zones.
- Ensure that WASH and Shelter programme design is informed by and integrated with NRCs’ other priority sectors of ICLA, Livelihood and Food Security (LFS), Education and Protection.
- Ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer-term operation and maintenance of all water and sanitation infrastructure, including the provision of all necessary training.
- Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Prepare timely financial and narrative reports on project activities in compliance with internal NRC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Ensure appropriate management and use of NRC resources at all times
- Manage project staff on a day-to-day level working with other technical departments, security, logistics, administration and senior management staff (depending on assignment).
- Ensure that NRC’s work in WASH and Shelter programming is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government and represent organization at Interagency Coordination meetings.
- Contribute to learning, experiences and evidence to relevant global advocacy objectives relating to WASH through case studies and documentation.
Applicants must have:
- BSc degree with 5 years’ or MSc degree with 3 years’ experience respectively in one or more of the following: Hygiene promotion, Civil engineering, Hydraulic engineering, Water supply and irrigational engineering, Water supply and environmental engineering, Environmental Engineering, Water resource and Environmental Engineering and related subject.
- Experience from working as a WASH or similar in a humanitarian/recovery context with an INGO.
- Experience in implementing integrated WASH activities (both software and hardware).
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.