Deadline: 5 May 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Technical Assistant in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
The purpose of the WASH Technical assistant is to assist in assessment, implementation, and monitoring of WASH interventions in project area and selecting Beneficiary and Identify vulnerable families eligible for WASH assistance according to established selection criteria.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Technical Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with Shelter strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- WASH technical assistant is specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of WASH project.
- Motivate beneficiaries about build and proper usages of latrines; hand washing and safe storage of drinking water.
- Produce reports on weekly base, monthly as well as on required base.
- To visit the target population to discuss the importance of using and constructing latrines, disposing of faces and hand washing and any other issues as determined by the project coordinator.
- Responsible for assessment, implementation, and monitoring of WASH interventions in project area.
- Assessment on site. Village assessment; identify needs and resources, WASH intervention type, data on returnees/ IDPs.
- Beneficiary selection. Identify vulnerable families eligible for WASH assistance according to established selection criteria.
- Delivery on site. WASH/Shelter package and distribution to target families.
- Conduct training for beneficiaries about usage of latrines and empower peoples to prevent them selves.
- Encourage targeted beneficiaries for safe disposal of excreta.
- Provide information to the target population on ways of preventing the most significant water and sanitation diseases.
- Participate in field missions with shelter and WASH staff daily base.
- Conduct construction training to WASH target groups.
- Plan and distribute the WASH /shelter In-kind items to target beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all program data are accurately collected and reported.
- Quality and quantity of In-Kind WASH and shelter material are distributed to the beneficiaries’ families according to delivery plan.
- Monitor shelter/WASH activities within the agreed timeframe.
- Upon successful completion of construction stages reports to WASH Coordinator.
- Any other task assign by Shelter- WASH PM.
Applicants must have:
- BSc degree holder in Civil or irrigation engineering degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with NGOs in a similar/Shelter & WASH fields.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English language.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in local language Pashtu/Dari both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.