Deadline: 14 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Technical Assistant (Sanitation) in Kibondo, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The WASH Technical Assistant (Sanitation) will perform the following functions-
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Supervise latrine construction activities in the camp and ensure that they are performed effectively so as to meet the set standards.
- Collect and Collate data from the field in line with latrine construction and prepare regular reports on activities implemented.
- Conduct daily assessment and supervision of latrine material distribution from the warehouses to the beneficiaries with the help of the distribution supervisor to ensure only quality and right material is issued.
- Work with the team and come up with innovative designs for latrine construction.
- Request materials for distribution with the help of WASH Assistant (Sanitation).
- Provide latrine construction trainings and assessment to the construction team through the masons on a regular basis to ensure only qualified persons are given these responsibilities.
- Assist the WASH Officer in providing technical support in the development of NRC’s sanitation programming on latrine construction and maintenance.
- Supervise and ensure fabrication of quality and durable latrine slabs.
- Conduct post construction inspection of the already constructed latrines before issuance of completion certificates.
- Organize and conduct community mobilization through the WASH committees and community leaders and have an awareness creation on latrine allocation and distribution of the targeted communities and schools using appropriate participatory methodologies.
- Maintain a daily reporting schedule for all latrine activities including the issuance of materials and slabs.
- Assist and coordinate with the other sister sectors in the implementation of project services.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, oral and written.
- With not less than 2 year’s working experience.
- Experience in undertaking hygiene promotion activities and construction of latrines will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups.
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Fluency in Kiswahili is highly desirable.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.