Deadline: 13 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) Dikwa, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 10 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) will be responsible to ensure the Implementation and impact of WaSH program activities in Dikwa, Borno State.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Assist WASH Team Leader in the coordination of the WASH Technical activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans.
- Assist the WASH Team Leader in all aspects of WASH Technical programs planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assist in the identification of community water and sanitation needs.
- Develop technical specifications and bills of quantities (BOQ) for works.
- Assess the water and sanitation training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans.
- Conducts water quality testing and sanitary inspection at water points.
- Provide technical assistance to the WASH Team Leader and local counterparts on issues of water and sanitation information and communication strategies.
- Assist in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance.
- Assist in the compilation of weekly and monthly WASH Technical reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
- Assist WASH Team Lead in Breaking down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans 12.
- Assist in ensuring that procurement, development, and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- BSc or Higher diploma in civil, Water Resources Engineering or Geology(BAC+5) minimum.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience from working with WASH TECHNICAL projects in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Experience from working with social work and / or with the distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 2-3 year’s of work experience in community-based water, Sanitation programs.
- Work experience with an NGO is desirable.
- Knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements, and protocols.
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of Hygiene, Sanitation, and shelter service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage.
- Previous experience in training and Training of Trainers.
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national / regional languages (Hausa, Fulani and, Kanuri preferably).
- Willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, visit NRC.