Deadline: 13 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) Dikwa, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 10 months.
The WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) will be responsible to ensure the Implementation and impact of WaSH program activities in Dikwa, Borno State.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Assist WASH Team Leader in the coordination of the WASH Technical activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans.
- Assist the WASH Team Leader in all aspects of WASH Technical programs planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assist in the identification of community water and sanitation needs.
- Develop technical specifications and bills of quantities (BOQ) for works.
- Assess the water and sanitation training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans.
- Conducts water quality testing and sanitary inspection at water points.
- Provide technical assistance to the WASH Team Leader and local counterparts on issues of water and sanitation information and communication strategies.
- Assist in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance.
- Assist in the compilation of weekly and monthly WASH Technical reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
- Assist WASH Team Lead in Breaking down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans 12.
- Assist in ensuring that procurement, development, and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- BSc or Higher diploma in civil, Water Resources Engineering or Geology(BAC+5) minimum.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience from working with WASH TECHNICAL projects in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Experience from working with social work and / or with the distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 2-3 year’s of work experience in community-based water, Sanitation programs.
- Work experience with an NGO is desirable.
- Knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements, and protocols.
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of Hygiene, Sanitation, and shelter service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage.
- Previous experience in training and Training of Trainers.
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national / regional languages (Hausa, Fulani and, Kanuri preferably).
- Willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit NRC.