Deadline: 13 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) Dikwa, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 10 months.
The WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) will be responsible to ensure the Implementation and impact of WaSH program activities in Dikwa, Borno State.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WaSH Technical Assistant (Water Supply) will perform the following functions-
- Assist WASH Team Leader in the coordination of the WASH Technical activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans.
- Assist the WASH Team Leader in all aspects of WASH Technical programs planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assist in the identification of community water and sanitation needs.
- Develop technical specifications and bills of quantities (BOQ) for works.
- Assess the water and sanitation training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans.
- Conducts water quality testing and sanitary inspection at water points.
- Provide technical assistance to the WASH Team Leader and local counterparts on issues of water and sanitation information and communication strategies.
- Assist in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance.
- Assist in the compilation of weekly and monthly WASH Technical reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
- Assist WASH Team Lead in Breaking down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans 12.
- Assist in ensuring that procurement, development, and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
Applicants must have:
- BSc or Higher diploma in civil, Water Resources Engineering or Geology(BAC+5) minimum.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience from working with WASH TECHNICAL projects in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Experience from working with social work and / or with the distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 2-3 year’s of work experience in community-based water, Sanitation programs.
- Work experience with an NGO is desirable.
- Knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements, and protocols.
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of Hygiene, Sanitation, and shelter service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage.
- Previous experience in training and Training of Trainers.
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national / regional languages (Hausa, Fulani and, Kanuri preferably).
- Willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.