Deadline: 30 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Technical Coordinator in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The WASH Technical Coordinator will be responsible to perform data analysis of the WASH programme monitoring, to assist the field team with technical drawings and designs and to deliver refreshment technical trainings to the WASH team in the field.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Technical Coordinator will perform following functions:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Contribute to the development of WASH strategy, Macro LogFrame, and Plan of Action.
- Contribute to programme development, adjustment or review.
- Conduct WASH specific technical assessment, research and document findings and present recommendations.
- Provide support to the technical aspects of the WASH projects according to NRC and Lebanon National strategies, proposals and guidance notes from the WASH Specialist.
- Contribute to the drafting and formulation of WASH specific technical trainings for the NRC WASH team, beneficiaries and partners.
- Deliver WASH induction trainings to new WASH staff based on WASH Specialist training package and deliver WASH technical refreshment trainings to the field teams as needed.
- Support field teams in emergency interventions.
- Promote the use of inter-operable technologies (such as Kobo).
- Analyse KAP survey results by producing pivot tables and charts.
- Produce maps with GIS software and produce technical designs when needed.
- Support the WASH specialist in offering technical advice to all WASH programming in Lebanon and ensure 25% field presence on a monthly basis.
- Develop WASH monitoring dashboards in coordination with the M&E department.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s/ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil, Mechanical, Hydraulic, Environmental Engineering or Public Health.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience in a similar role, preferably within the humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts of international refugee and human rights law and understanding of protection principles.
- Significant understanding of Lebanon’s humanitarian, political and socio-economic context, and main challenges affecting refugees in Lebanon.
- Proven experience in coordinating activities and liaising with external actors.
- Experience in delivering trainings and capacity building activities.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, WaterCad, Primavera and/or other hydraulic software.
- Experience with GIS and mapmaking (ArcGIS, Mapinfo) is desired.
- Experience with report generation and graphic design (through e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Publisher, InDesign) is an advantage
- Understanding of web-based applications.
- Experience in one or more of the following Software Packages is an added value: Mobenzi Researcher/ Outreach; Kobo .
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.