Deadline: 12 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Technical Officer in Assosa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with WASH CC strategies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- WASH specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of WASH project(s).
- WASH specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of WASH project(s).
- WASH specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities.
- WASH specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of WASH(s).
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
Applicants must have:
- Experience 5 year’s working as a Project Officer in the WASH sector in humanitarian/recovery contexts.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge of the operating context in Benishangul Gumuz and Oromia regions.
- Experience with start-up of projects.
- Experience in undertaking training of staff or target groups.
- Degree in Water Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or any other relevant discipline.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in local Languages is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.