Deadline: 19 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water and Sanitation Technical Assistant (WASH) in Maracaibo, Venezuela.
The Water and Sanitation Technical Assistant (WASH) will support the work of needs assessment, design, implementation and management of solutions for access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene promotion (WASH), solutions for educational facilities, infrastructure solutions community of temporary, transitional and permanent nature associated with the implementation of NRC activities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water and Sanitation Technical Assistant (WASH) will perform following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Support the implementation of the portfolio of projects according to the action plan.
- Implement procedures and activities interchangeably within the basic function or competence as delegated.
- Organize and execute tasks according to priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the area of work specialization in which technical assistance and support is provided, in order to be more effective in supporting the team.
- Initiative to solve everyday problems in accordance with the agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the work area.
- Technical support on WASH, infrastructure and NFI interventions for the implementation of the activities of the WASH / AeI / NFI project (s).
- Contribute to the development of WASH / AeI / NFI activities in line with the program strategy of the “WASH” CC (Area and Country), internal procedures and those of donors.
- Implement the monitoring of indicators of WASH / AeI / NFI projects at all levels of the project: activity, results and objectives in collaboration with the M&E manager.
- Contribute to collect, analyze, keep updated and systematize information on the multisectoral context (WASH / AeI / NFI) related to solutions for access to water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, physical security and protection of shelter, infrastructure educational and community of the population in transit and interest groups, according to the criteria and periodicity established by the program team and the Regional Coordination.
- Comply with your objectives strictly respecting safety regulations.
- Establish links of respect and closeness with the community involved in the process; and sensitize / disseminate transparency processes / complaint mechanisms established by NRC.
- Support Management during possible visits to ensure total transparency in the execution and possible internal and / or external audits.
- The others assigned by the supervisor in fulfilling the objective of the position.
Applicants must have:
- Professional in architecture, engineering or related career in the field of Water and Sanitation and habitat.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in a similar position.
- Experience in similar positions with an international organization, with United Nations Agencies and / or humanitarian context.
- Previous work experience in complex and volatile contexts.
- Document results related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Basic English management.
- Work experience and knowledge of the Water and Sanitation (WASH) approach in the context of crisis and emergency and / or early recovery.
- Proven experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of Water and Sanitation projects and / or activities of any modality.
- Professional experience in the management of Water and Sanitation projects, Hygiene promotion, community and school infrastructure, preferably in rural areas of Venezuela.
- Knowledge of territorial planning and relevant regulations on construction and Water and Sanitation issues in the national context.
- Knowledge of participatory methodologies for the execution of Water and Sanitation, housing and infrastructure projects with communities.
- Skills for work in multicultural contexts.
- Knowledge of bioconstruction or local construction systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office office utilities (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and experience in handling CAD software (for example, AutoCad).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.