Deadline: 7 January 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water Programme Analyst in Istanbul, Turkey. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Water Programme Analyst will be responsible for a set of tasks, that will include analytical and programmatic work to ensure proper management, monitoring and reporting, communication and visibility of the regional UNDP/EC Black Sea Project.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Water Programme Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Support the Regional Technical Advisor for International Waters (RTA IW) on development, implementation and coordination of activities related to EMBLAS-Plus programme.
- Carry out a set of tasks, that will include analytical and programmatic work to ensure proper programme management, monitoring and reporting, communication and visibility.
- Support initiation of projects, presentations to Local Project Appraisal Committee and respective Project Boards.
- Ensure planning and achievement of projects milestones are fulfilled in line with IRH established standard operating procedures and corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversee implementation of regional project activities and provides guidance to project teams (in matrix with Regional Programme Manager); and ensure effective application of RBM tools.
- Assist recruitment / procurement processes needed for the project implementation and ensure proper application of the UN procurement rules.
- Set-up of projects in Atlas, finalization of contribution agreements; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review.
- Maintain functional budgets of water governance project portfolio, in particular the Black Sea Projects and support COs in budget related issues.
- Work Communicate with other UNDP Country and Regional offices to ensure efficiency of the implementation of project activities from administrative point of view.
- Assist with organizing of the major events within water governance portfolio as needed (IWC, trainings, workshops, steering committee meetings, etc.).
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in environmental science, water management, transboundary water cooperation, environmental management and relevant fields.
- At least 2 years of working experience in project management & implementation support, in the context of international development or UN, with in-depth knowledge in relevant areas as an asset.
- Experience with development and implementation of GEF projects; EU funded projects, including narrative and financial reporting.
- Advanced IT skills is a must; experience with (on-line) knowledge management tools and approaches is an asset.
- Fluency in English (with excellent writing style) is required.
- Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.