Deadline: 1 July 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water Resource Management Specialist in Bucharest, Romania. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Water Resources Management Specialist will take part in the overall assignment for the delivery of twelve draft Flood Risk Management Plans (FRMPs) in Romania (one for the eleven river basins in Romania and one for the Danube River).
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water Resource Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the project stocktaking and preparation phase, including the establishment of overall project implementation arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation of the Stocktaking and Preparatory Phase Report for the project, including in gathering and review of existing project related information, data, studies, etc.
- Support the task leadership during the delivery of this RAS assignment providing local water sector and environmental knowledge.
- Support overall coordination of the project activities.
- Support the communication between the World Bank team and relevant Romanian stakeholders involved in the process of developing draft FRMPs at both national and regional level.
- During the project implementation phase, provide support to the preparation of the draft FRMPs. This will involve, among other things:
- Maintain close and constant communication with the Task Team Leader and Client’s technical staff and any other relevant stakeholder and institutions in Romania.
- Encourage and support the effective collaboration of all team members with the authorities of the Government of Romania and other relevant stakeholders.
- Organize and participate in meetings with key stakeholders concerning the issues described in these ToRs.
- Support the coordination and consolidation of inputs from many different parties into a coherent set of deliverables for the Client.
- Provide inputs, participate in the preparation and assist for the overall quality of deliverables under the RAS, including among other:
- Support the drafting of reports in relation to the preparation of draft FRMPs.
- Assist for the establishment of a coherent work plan for the delivery of draft FRMPs (detailed implementation plan, work schedule, and staffing schedule).
- Support the drafting and review (including translation) of the RAS planned deliverables and semi-annual progress reports to ensure quality of the final reports (e.g., including their revisions agreed following Bank’s review process and Client’s comments).
- Assist for the timely submission of the deliverables and the semi-annual progress reports to the Client.
- Other tasks related to the implementation of these ToRs as agreed with the Task Team Leader and beyond, as agreed with the Practice Manager.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in water or environmental engineering, economics, water resources management, or other fields relevant for water sector development.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of water resources planning, management and development, with depth in at least one subtopic and relevant experience applying this knowledge to operations, analytical work, and other deliverables.
- Previous participation in the preparation of FRMPs or similar plans highly desirable.
- Specific understanding of EU Water Directives, specifically the Floods Directive and Water Framework Directive and relevant daughter directives.
- Demonstrated effective communication and excellent organization and coordination skills as well as timely and good report writing abilities.
- Demonstrated track record of operational support of government institutions in responding to broad water security and/or environment agendas.
- Involvement in stakeholder engagement and public consultations processes.
- Demonstrated teamwork experience.
- Familiarity and experience in working with European environmental requirements and water acquis (Water Framework Directive and daughter directives) and their implementation in Romania and ideally abroad.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Romanian languages in both spoken and written form, is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.