Deadline: 9 October 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water Resources Specialist in Rabat, Morocco. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Water Resources Specialist will be responsible will support the lending and advisory services and analytics activities in the areas of water supply, sanitation, water resource management, irrigation, and climate resilience/adaptation in Morocco and Tunisia.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Water Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support Bank Task Teams and participate in projects providing technical support in the identification, preparation, and supervision of projects and the preparation and implementation of analytical and advisory activities including supporting the formulation of background documents, monitoring the progress of projects, and undertaking regular field visits.
- As appropriate, provide similar operational and analytical services in other countries where the Bank operates.
- Provide technical support to the task teams for knowledge reports in Advisory Services and Analytics (ASA) activities for the Water Global Practice.
- Monitor and assess the implementation of sector portfolio, including on water supply, sanitation, water resource management, and irrigation.
- Coordinate water-related activities with other Global Practices and Country Management Units.
- Maintain liaison and dialogue with development partners, research institutions, government counterpart, non-Government organizations, the private sector, and other sector-related institutions.
- Under the direction of senior colleagues, supervise the appointment and work of short-term consultants and firms ensuring consistency and conformity to Bank standards; and evaluate studies and sector-related project documentation.
- Monitor and provide advisory support for the adherence to the World Bank’s operational policies and quality requirements in technical and fiduciary due diligence.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s level degree in a field relevant to water supply, sanitation, water resources/environmental management, irrigation, or other related areas.
- At least 7 years of work experience in water supply, sanitation, water resources/environmental management, or irrigation sector.
- This experience may include work in governments, academia, private companies, consulting firms, and multilateral institutions.
- Recognized technical, operational and policy-oriented expertise.
- Good understanding of policy, institutional, regulatory and management frameworks for water supply, sanitation, water resources/environmental management, irrigation for Morocco and Tunisia.
- Ability to effectively dialogue with and relate to clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.