Deadline: 6 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Assistant in Beledweyne, Somalia. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Assistant will be responsible for all hygiene and sanitation related activities in Beletweyne districts.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Assistant will perform following functions:
- Support to water-point committees, hygiene committees, latrine attendants etc.
- Mobilize disaster-affected and / or IDP communities as appropriate.
- Act as the link between the WASH response and the affected population at community level.
- Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
- Help plan activities to reduce WASH-related risks.
- Record data on routine activities and WASH conditions and forward it to the Hygiene Promoters.
- Liaise with water supply and sanitation field staff.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally.
- Any other assignments sent your supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma in Social science, Public Health or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in similar position with NGO’s preferably in Somalia context.
- Previous Experience of related wash activity.
- Some prior knowledge of health, hygiene, teaching, or community development.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community.
- Trust and wide acceptance by the community.
- Literacy, numeracy, and record keeping skills are essential.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.