Deadline: 23 December 2016
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water Sector Senior Specialist in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Water Sector Senior Specialist will provide technical expertise, support the development of a pipeline of investments within the result area of integrated water resources management, sanitation, health (water-borne diseases), flood risk management, and support administration of a portfolio of investments.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water Sector Senior Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Developing and managing a pipeline of projects/programmes in integrated water resources management, sanitation, health (water borne diseases), flood risk management and other water safety and security issues.
- Reviewing and assessing projects/programmes, funding proposals and concept notes as well as other applications to the Fund, by providing high-quality inputs and assuring compliance with the GCF policies and procedures.
- Monitoring of the relevant portfolio and providing support to the implementation of the projects/programmes to ensure their performance is in line with intended results.
- Developing relevant policy documents, operational guidelines, procedures, document templates, reports, tools and other products.
- Strengthening the Fund’s knowledge management activities by providing technical expertise in the thematic areas.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in water resources management, water and sanitation, agriculture, environmental engineering, civil engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 11 years of relevant experience in project origination, development, appraisal, management and/or financing, from working with a utility, consultancy firm, non-governmental organization, international organizations, donor or multilateral agencies, experience in more than one of these roles would be an asset.
- Relevant experience in climate finance operations in water sector.
- Substantial expertise in one or more of the following: water supply and sanitation, rural and/or urban water resources management, water policy and regulatory systems and participatory approaches to water management.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.