Deadline: 24 February 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water Sector Specialist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Water Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Strategies, Planning and Policies:
- Assist in the process of formulation of country sector strategies in the water and sanitation sector.
- Participate in the reviews of different sector policies, legal and regulatory frameworks for the water and sanitation sector.
- Assist in identification and preparation of projects
- Projects implementation:
- Participate and assist multidisciplinary supervision missions covering all phases of the project cycle.
- Identify implementation issues related to projects/programs in the sector.
- Work closely with client institutions to support effective implementation of WB supported programs.
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant governmental, non-governmental, donor and other stakeholders.
- Assess capacity building and training needs of Executing Agencies of projects/programs.
- Encourage clients to use disruptive technology and ICT to speed up project implementation.
- Institutional and analytical work:
- Stay informed on the status of the water sector and its institutions, as well as relevant donor, private sector and NGO initiatives.
- Participate in and eventually leading task teams for production of analytical studies and preparation and implementation support to investment and policy-oriented projects.
- Identify and share with client, relevant expertise and examples within and outside the World Bank.
- Identify and support water sector linkages to the Bank’s country strategy and the work of other sectoral teams.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Monitor and assess the implementation of sector portfolio.
- Ensure prompt preparation of quality and consistency related to sector portfolio management, including quality control.
- Prepare timely reports on project implementation and progress.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- At least a master’s degree in water resources, hydrology, hydraulics, sanitation, environment, civil engineering, irrigation or a related discipline with a focus on water supply and sanitation and water resources management.
- Recognized technical, operational and/or policy-oriented expertise, and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of water resources management (WRM) and water supply and sanitation services delivery (WSS), utility/institutional reform and public private partnerships, sector coordination and policy dialogue, private sector participation and pro-poor strategy and program development.
- Prior work experience and results on the ground and hands-on experience with Government counterpart agencies.
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically in dealing with technical and/or policy issues while maintaining a strong client focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English, including demonstrated ability of publishing technical and/or policy work and making effective presentations to diverse audiences.
- Excellent teamworking skills.
- Ability to use new information technologies.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.