Deadline: 24 February 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water Sector Specialist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Strategies, Planning and Policies:
- Assist in the process of formulation of country sector strategies in the water and sanitation sector.
- Participate in the reviews of different sector policies, legal and regulatory frameworks for the water and sanitation sector.
- Assist in identification and preparation of projects
- Projects implementation:
- Participate and assist multidisciplinary supervision missions covering all phases of the project cycle.
- Identify implementation issues related to projects/programs in the sector.
- Work closely with client institutions to support effective implementation of WB supported programs.
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant governmental, non-governmental, donor and other stakeholders.
- Assess capacity building and training needs of Executing Agencies of projects/programs.
- Encourage clients to use disruptive technology and ICT to speed up project implementation.
- Institutional and analytical work:
- Stay informed on the status of the water sector and its institutions, as well as relevant donor, private sector and NGO initiatives.
- Participate in and eventually leading task teams for production of analytical studies and preparation and implementation support to investment and policy-oriented projects.
- Identify and share with client, relevant expertise and examples within and outside the World Bank.
- Identify and support water sector linkages to the Bank’s country strategy and the work of other sectoral teams.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Monitor and assess the implementation of sector portfolio.
- Ensure prompt preparation of quality and consistency related to sector portfolio management, including quality control.
- Prepare timely reports on project implementation and progress.
Applicants must have-
- At least a master’s degree in water resources, hydrology, hydraulics, sanitation, environment, civil engineering, irrigation or a related discipline with a focus on water supply and sanitation and water resources management.
- Recognized technical, operational and/or policy-oriented expertise, and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of water resources management (WRM) and water supply and sanitation services delivery (WSS), utility/institutional reform and public private partnerships, sector coordination and policy dialogue, private sector participation and pro-poor strategy and program development.
- Prior work experience and results on the ground and hands-on experience with Government counterpart agencies.
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically in dealing with technical and/or policy issues while maintaining a strong client focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English, including demonstrated ability of publishing technical and/or policy work and making effective presentations to diverse audiences.
- Excellent teamworking skills.
- Ability to use new information technologies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.