Deadline: 17 May 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist will assist in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects, technical assistance and analytical and advisory activities.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the design, preparation and implementation of water activities in Indonesia which will include incorporating key cross-cutting issues such as gender and climate change.
- Support the design, preparation and implementation of sector strategies, studies, analytical work, policy work, and advisory activities.
- Liaise with and support teams from other GPs of the World Bank (e.g., human development, urban, environment, energy, agriculture) with the aim to ensure that water related issues are addressed consistently across various programs in the Bank.
- Participate in policy dialogue, together with other development partners, with key stakeholders in the country.
- As appropriate, with the Bank team, advise government counterparts on policy, institutional, and technical matters associated with the Bank’s water program.
- Participate in project missions in supervising the work of consultants and technical specialists to ensure quality.
- Prepare reports, summaries, briefs and talking points on water related projects and programs, business plans and strategies.
- Support the World Bank-wide professional community of staff engaged in the water practice by participating in a selected number of thematic technical groups (Global Solutions Groups or Communities of Practice) to enhance knowledge creation and dissemination within the Water GP.
- As needed, represent the World Bank at workshops and public events in Indonesia.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in engineering (civil/water), planning, economics, or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in the water sector.
- This could include management of infrastructure projects, either with government agencies, contractor(s), design or supervision consultant(s), or development institutions.
- Effective verbal, analytical and written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to produce high quality documents and analytical reports.
- Sound knowledge of the water sector issues in Indonesia.
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues related to the water sector: climate change, environmental and social issues, inclusion, and poverty reduction.
- High degree of dynamism and self-motivation, as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.