Deadline: 17 August 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist will support the lending and advisory services and analytics activities in the areas of water supply and sanitation and climate resilience/adaptation in Mozambique.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support Bank Task Teams and/or participate in projects providing technical support in the identification, preparation and supervision of projects as well as in the preparation and implementation of analytical and advisory activities including formulation of background documents, monitoring progress of projects, and undertaking regular field visits.
- Provide similar operational and analytical services in other countries where the Bank operates.
- Generate knowledge reports in Advisory Services and Analytics (ASAs) activities for the Water Global Practice.
- Maintain liaison and dialogue with development partners, research institutions, government counterpart, non-Government organizations, the private sector and other sector-related institutions.
- Supervise the appointment and work of short-term consultants and firms ensuring consistency and conformity to Bank standards; and evaluate studies and sector-related project documentation.
- Provide technical support to the task teams, as needed, liaising closely and coordinating the water related activities with other Global Practices and Country Management Unit (CMU); and
- Monitor and provide advisory support for the adherence to World Bank’s operational policies and quality requirements in technical and fiduciary due diligence.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s level degree with 5 years of experience, in a field relevant to water supply and sanitation, including civil, sanitary or environmental engineering, water resources/environmental management, economist, or other related fields;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in water supply and sanitation; and/or water resources management is required.
- Experience on institutional development and management of water and sanitation services, in particular urban WSS, with a thorough knowledge of the water supply and sanitation sector and the water resources sector; Knowledge and experience working with water utilities would be a plus.
- Experience in coordinating and/or managing multi-disciplinary projects on water or water resources would be a plus.
- Project management experience in international institutions/companies would be a plus.
- Good understanding of policy, institutional, regulatory and management frameworks for water supply and sanitation, and water resources management, particularly in the context of Mozambique.
- Experience with multi-sectoral teams particularly desirable.
- Good external client relations skills.
- High level of energy, initiative and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Portuguese and English.
- Ability to effectively dialogue with and relate to clients and stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.