Deadline: 11 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist in Monrovia, Liberia. The duration of this post 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Strategies, Planning and Policies:
- Assist in the process of formulation of country sector strategies in the water and sanitation sector.
- Participate in the reviews of different sector policies, legal and regulatory frameworks for the water and sanitation sector.
- Assist in identification and preparation of projects.
- Participate in policy dialogue, together with other development partners, with key stakeholders in the country.
- Projects implementation:
- Participate in the design, preparation and implementation of water activities in Liberia which will include incorporating key cross-cutting issues such as gender and climate change.
- Participate and assist multidisciplinary supervision missions covering all phases of the project cycle.
- Identify implementation issues related to projects/programs in the sector.
- Working closely with client institutions to support effective implementation of WB supported programs.
- Institutional and analytical work:
- Support the design, preparation and implementation of sector strategies, studies, analytical work, policy work, and advisory activities.
- Staying informed on the status of the water sector and its institutions, as well as relevant donor, private sector and NGO initiatives.
- Participating in task teams for production of analytical studies and preparation and implementation support to investment and policy-oriented projects.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Monitor and assess the implementation of sector portfolio.
- Ensure prompt preparation of quality and consistency related to sector portfolio management, including quality control.
- Prepare timely reports on project implementation and progress.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s level degree, in a field relevant to water supply and sanitation, including civil, sanitary or environmental engineering, water resources/environmental management, economist, or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in water supply and sanitation; experience in water resources management.
- Experience in hydrological analysis and modeling will be a plus.
- The candidate’s track record should combine experience on institutional development and management of water and sanitation services, in particular urban WSS, with a thorough knowledge of the water supply and sanitation sector and the water resources sector.
- Experience in coordinating and/or managing multi-disciplinary projects on water or water resources.
- Project management experience in international institutions/companies would be a plus.
- Good understanding of policy, institutional, regulatory and management frameworks for water supply and sanitation, and water resources management.
- Experience with multi-sectoral teams particularly desirable.
- Good external client relations skills.
- High level of energy, initiative and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to effectively dialogue with and relate to clients and stakeholders.
- Nationality of Liberia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.