Deadline: 24 October 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Analyst in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Gender Analyst will contribute to UN Women’s RRP in Turkey by providing technical inputs for the gender- sensitive programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation throughout the whole programme cycle.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technically and provide substantive support to UN Women’s gender-sensitive Refugee Response Programme
- Provide substantive inputs to the annual workplan as required.
- Provide substantive support for call/request for proposals, including by attending technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Prepare terms of reference, review and provide feedback on programme consultants’ work plans/reports etc.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners in the field of gender-sensitive refugee response
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners with a view to ensuring that implementation is gender-responsive.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the (potential) national and local partners to support the effective implementation and expansion of the RRP.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Support the monitoring and evaluation focal point to monitor and evaluate the progress on programme activity, results and indicators using a gender-sensitive results-based approach.
- Provide substantive inputs to UN Women quarterly and annual reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, outcomes and impact, as required.
- Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies.
- Provide substantive inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to UN Women’s RRP.
- Support the Communication Analyst for the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Provide substantive inputs to the development of knowledge management products on UN Women’s RRP.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and/or capacity building.
- At least 2 years of experience working in gender issues and/or intersectionality is a strong asset.
- At least 1 year of experience in coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Work experience in field of women’s economic empowerment, refugee response and/or violence against women is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.