Deadline: 31 March 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender and Social Inclusion Officer in Beirut, Lebanon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender and Social Inclusion Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the implementation of the WFP Lebanon Gender Action Plan and related GEWE initiatives.
- Support safe and good equality data procssessing, including data collection, storage strcuture and data cleasing;
- Contribute to research and analyses, including through carrying out desk reviews and compiling good gender equality / transformative practices in humanitarian and development contexts;
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives for WFP Lebanon and Cooperating Partners on gender equality and women empowerment with an emphasis on gender transformative programming, gender analysis, gender responsive monitoring, Gender and age marker monitoring exercise, gender responsive budgeting, gender integration in the Cooperating Partners’ activities and reporting
- Assist in the design, visualisation and the implementation of knowledge management products
- Coordinate and input to the presentations and factsheets for the donor missions and WFP management.
- Strengthen the WFP Lebanon and Cooperating Partners’ staff capacities on gender equality and women empowerment with an emphasis on gender transformative programming, gender analysis, gender responsive monitoring, Gender and age marker monitoring exercise, gender responsive budgeting, gender integration in the Cooperating Partners’ activities and reporting
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University degree (i.e. Master’s degree or higher) in Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science, Development Economics, Statistics, or other relevant field or First University degree in a relevant field (i.e. Bachelor’s degree) with additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
- 1 or more years of postgraduate professional experience (after completion of Advanced University degree) in in humanitarian context including experience in gender and social inclusion or other related fields.
- Experience building and managing partnerships, including developing proposals, soliciting input for reports, drafting agreements, producing visibility plans and/or crafting joint strategies is highly desirable, or, three (3) years or more after completion of First University degree.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
- Fluency in another UN language is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.