Deadline: 30 September 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Specialist on Accountability, Reporting and Research in New York, United States.
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for providing support to the work of the Director in discharging her functions as Secretary to the GSIC, as Team Leader of the Gender Team and as a member of the senior management team of BPPS and as the focal point for reporting to the Executive Board on the implementation of UNDPs work on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender Specialist on Accountability, Reporting and Research will perform the following functions:
- Provide support to the work of the Director in the implementation of the UNDP Gender Equality Strategy and accountability for gender mainstreaming at the global level:
- Support the Director to discharge her functions as Secretary to the Gender Steering and Implementation Committee (GSIC), and as the focal point for reporting to the Executive Board on the implementation of UNDPs work on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment.
- Assist the Director as Team Leader of the Gender Team and as a member of the senior management team of BPPS.
- Support the preparation and convening of the Gender Steering and Implementation Committee (GSIC):
- Lead follow up support to the GSIC members.
- Liaise with Focal Points in respective business units.
- Prepare analytical background documentation and any follow up minutes and reports.
- Coordinate UNDPs reporting to ECOSOC, The Office of the Secretary General, the Office of the Administrator or any other senior managers as and when required:
- Prepare UNDP’s Annual Report on the Implementation of the UNDP Gender Equality Strategy to the Executive Board.
- Undertake a thorough review of data from UNDP’s reporting tools, including the Results Oriented Annual Report (ROAR) and Gender Marker.
- Support the Gender Team in preparing briefs, speeches and reports:
- Support the drafting of analytical inputs for UNDP’s proposals, and corporate reports on gender equality.
- Keep track of cutting-edge research and publications in the field of gender equality and women’s empowerment providing fresh content for UNDP Community of Practice, Briefs, speeches and reports.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in gender studies or any related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in gender equality and gender mainstreaming required.
- Knowledge and experience working with UN accountability tools.
- Proven analytical and written skills in English with publications an added plus.
- Experience managing complex consultative processes within large organizations.
- Experience working within diverse teams.
- Field experience working with UNDP or the UN System on gender equality an additional benefit.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN language desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.