Deadline: 15 March 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Global Technical Advisor, Gender Equality- Agriculture in The Hague, Netherlands.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Global Technical Advisor, Gender Equality- Agriculture will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to development and upkeep of gender mainstreaming in the Agriculture sector projects.
- Advise on demand for and supply of expertise in gender mainstreaming for technical backstopping and expert support (consultants/short timers).
- Contribute to the Agriculture sector learning, develops key publications on best practices in sector.
- Prepare, maintain and update sector knowledge agenda, capturing lessons learnt including collection and dissemination of knowledge products to stimulate internal and external knowledge exchange and initiate global learning.
- Support SNV’s Agriculture sector projects in close collaboration with the project managers by delivering short-term support for improvements and or providing technical assistance on the implementation of ongoing sector projects.
- Maintain and expand SNV’s relations and strategic partnerships in the Agriculture sector.
- Design and develop new programmes and projects relating to Agriculture sector by initiating and technically leading new donor proposal development.
- Provide technical input at different levels of proposal development and project lifecycle.
- Provide technical review of final versions of project proposals and leading and taking responsibility in the technical design of the whole proposal.
- Build, maintain and utilize networks and relationships with relevant stakeholders e.g. companies, research institutions, universities, donors, etc.
- Identify upgrading opportunities, public-private partnerships and other opportunities that support an industrywide vision.
- Represent SNV at key international events.
- Provide sector content to SNV’s Marketing and Business Development team.
- Contribute to SNV corporate agenda beyond the Agriculture sector.
- Undertake frequent travel to projects.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Gender and Development or related field(s).
- Proven track record with over 12 year’s of senior experience in the sector in multiple developing countries, including long-term advisory work in-country and knowledge development.
- Proven ability and solid experience providing gender technical assistance and developing successful proposals for external donor funding, including technical writing, is required.
- Excellent track record in advisory work related to Agriculture products service delivery.
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in gender integration at micro, meso and macro levels.
- General knowledge of mainstreaming gender in projects (clear gender targets, clear objectives for GE and WEE, development of gender sensitive indicators, gender based analysis, among others).
- Credible international track record and expertise in designing and implementing programmes.
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with governments and the private sector including influencing skills and experience of working effectively in a matrix organisation.
- International network within the Agriculture sector is strongly desirable.
- Sound experience within knowledge development, organisational learning and innovation.
- Ability to coach, lead, stimulate, and inspire professionals in a development context.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Proficiency in Dutch is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.