Deadline: 16 March 2020
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian and Gender Based Violence Coordinator in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Humanitarian and Gender Based Violence Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordination of the SGBV Task Force
- Plan, oversight, monitor and quality assurance, and implementation of the SGBV IA workplan and related interventions.
- Cross sectoral partnerships.
- Prepare progress, yearly and sub-sector reports and updates for various purposes and use.
- Analyze and update the overall sub-sector situation.
- Organize and develop related advocacy events, tools and messages.
- Identify and carry out research and data needs.
- Advise and input on the content, revision and update of the RRP / 3RP / LCRP.
- Identification and implementation of necessary capacity development initiatives for the sub-sector partners.
- Coordination of the UNFPA humanitarian response
- Proactively participate in various coordination mechanisms (i.e. UNCT, HCT, Protection / health / social cohesion working Groups, etc) to ensure a complementary and integrated approach to UNFPA’s humanitarian programming.
- Ensure close collaboration with agencies’ humanitarian teams and promote inclusion of RH, gender / GBV and youth aspects and concerns in joint HCT missions, tools, frameworks, strategies, rapid assessments, evaluations, etc..
- Provide input and support on the implementation of UNFPA’s priorities under the LCRP / UNSF / CPD.
- Work in close collaboration with the various pertinent sectors and working groups (central and periphery) for promoting UNFPA’s programme synergy and coherence under the humanitarian / development nexus.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in gender studies, development, social sciences, public / community health, or any other discipline as it relates to gender and GBV, development, humanitarian or related field.
- 7 year’s of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience in programme management and coordination.
- Strong knowledge of gender issues in development and humanitarian contexts, particularly GBV, including relevant international human rights standards and protection issues in humanitarian and post-conflict recovery settings.
- Sound knowledge of reproductive health/HIV, prior training in gender and GBV issues and their application in humanitarian, conflict, recovery and development settings.
- Experience in utilizing the following internationals tools: GBV Standard Operating Procedures; GBV Information Management System; IASC GBV Guidelines; IASC Gender Handbook; GBV Coordination Handbook; WHO Ethical and Safety Recommendations for Researching, Documenting and Monitoring Sexual Violence in Emergencies.
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response and peace and reconciliation.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.