Deadline: 16 March 2020
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian and Gender Based Violence Coordinator in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Humanitarian and Gender Based Violence Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordination of the SGBV Task Force
- Plan, oversight, monitor and quality assurance, and implementation of the SGBV IA workplan and related interventions.
- Cross sectoral partnerships.
- Prepare progress, yearly and sub-sector reports and updates for various purposes and use.
- Analyze and update the overall sub-sector situation.
- Organize and develop related advocacy events, tools and messages.
- Identify and carry out research and data needs.
- Advise and input on the content, revision and update of the RRP / 3RP / LCRP.
- Identification and implementation of necessary capacity development initiatives for the sub-sector partners.
- Coordination of the UNFPA humanitarian response
- Proactively participate in various coordination mechanisms (i.e. UNCT, HCT, Protection / health / social cohesion working Groups, etc) to ensure a complementary and integrated approach to UNFPA’s humanitarian programming.
- Ensure close collaboration with agencies’ humanitarian teams and promote inclusion of RH, gender / GBV and youth aspects and concerns in joint HCT missions, tools, frameworks, strategies, rapid assessments, evaluations, etc..
- Provide input and support on the implementation of UNFPA’s priorities under the LCRP / UNSF / CPD.
- Work in close collaboration with the various pertinent sectors and working groups (central and periphery) for promoting UNFPA’s programme synergy and coherence under the humanitarian / development nexus.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in gender studies, development, social sciences, public / community health, or any other discipline as it relates to gender and GBV, development, humanitarian or related field.
- 7 year’s of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience in programme management and coordination.
- Strong knowledge of gender issues in development and humanitarian contexts, particularly GBV, including relevant international human rights standards and protection issues in humanitarian and post-conflict recovery settings.
- Sound knowledge of reproductive health/HIV, prior training in gender and GBV issues and their application in humanitarian, conflict, recovery and development settings.
- Experience in utilizing the following internationals tools: GBV Standard Operating Procedures; GBV Information Management System; IASC GBV Guidelines; IASC Gender Handbook; GBV Coordination Handbook; WHO Ethical and Safety Recommendations for Researching, Documenting and Monitoring Sexual Violence in Emergencies.
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response and peace and reconciliation.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.