Deadline: 1 April 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst on Gender-Responsive Reforms in Kyiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Programme Analyst on Gender-Responsive Reforms will contribute to the effective management of UN Women project “Enhancing accountability for gender equality and women’s empowerment in national reforms, peace and security” (2017-2021) in Kyiv, Ukraine, by providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst on Gender-Responsive Reforms will perform the following functions-
- Programme Development and Management (Gender-Responsive Reforms)
- Ensure substantive contribution to the analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and prepare substantive inputs to the UN Women country office programme planning.
- Keep abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Inter-Agency Coordination Support (Gender-Responsive Reforms)
- Provide substantive support to the UN Women Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities.
- Take part in country level Comprehensive Country Assessment (CCA)/UNDAF processes and similar exercises related to the RC system ensuring that gender and women’s human rights concerns are clearly reflected and mainstreamed in process.
- Prepare substantive inputs to CCA/ UNDAF and other documents including analyzing and researching the political, social and economic situation in the region.
- Strategic partnerships building and resource mobilization support (Gender-Responsive Reforms)
- Build strategic partnerships and resource mobilization efforts by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies, analyzing and maintaining information and databases on donors and developing database of project profiles for presentation to donors.
- Create and coordinate partnerships with the UN Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society etc.
- Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management (Gender-Responsive Reforms)
- Manage the establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linkages to international networks.
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners.
- Ensure awareness about current and emerging trends by analyzing programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Rights, Law, Economics, Gender Studies and Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in programme, management advisory services or related field preferably in the international environment.
- Experience and understanding of implementing, human rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment projects/initiatives. Experience in advocacy for gender equality and women’s empowerment is desirable.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with governance and reforms in Ukraine is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.