Deadline: 26 August 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist, End Violence Against Women and Girls in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Specialist, End Violence Against Women and Girls will oversee implementation of a thematic area on EVAW exercises overall responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing UN Women interventions under his/her portfolio.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist, End Violence Against Women and Girls will perform the following functions-
- Design and develop programme strategies in the area of Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Ending Violence Against Women and Girls.
- Manage the implementation and management of the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation.
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams.
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators.
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
- Manage technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance.
- Develop and implement technical tools and initiatives.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme; respond to any potential problems.
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Manage the monitoring of programme/ project implementation and finances using results-based management tools.
- Oversee field missions and review reports on monitoring missions.
- Write quarterly reports and donor reports, focusing on results, output and outcomes.
- Contribute to office donor and UN Women reports.
- Manage the people and financial resources of the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports.
- Suervise Programme Analysts and Technical Specialists.
- Mentor and coach staff and conduct performance assessments.
- Oversee recruitment processes, as necessary.
- Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization.
- Analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost sharing.
- Contribute to inter-agency coordination on Ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Tanzania
- Provide technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees as needed.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure the projects’ capacity development programme is harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
- Manage advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme.
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to Ending Violence Against Women and Girls programme as necessary.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender/Women’s Studies, International Development, or a related field is required.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Technical experience in Ending Violence Against Women and Girls.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.