Deadline: 21 May 2020
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist, Gender & Gender-Based Violence in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist, Gender & Gender-Based Violence will perform the following functions-
- Programme Development, Management
- Design and lead implementation of peacebuilding fund project with specific interventions dedicated to the Rule of Law project.
- Coordinate the implementation of programmes that respond to the specific needs and interests of women with a focus on protection, equality and empowerment.
- Ensure interventions produce the expected results, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Identify and obtain required technical support for the management, planning and control of the CO programmes and projects.
- Support the effective application of results-based management (RBM) tools and monitoring achievement of results.
- Partnerships and Resource Mobilization
- Contribute to resource mobilization strategy by analyzing information on potential donors, preparing substantive briefs and project proposals in line with donor priorities especially on gender and gender-based violence creating feedback mechanisms and providing information on progress of donor funded projects. Identifies opportunities for cost sharing.
- Work with Country Office staff in the development of projects and proposal in ensuring the proposals are of quality to attract funding.
- Liaise continuously with donors and development partners, contribute to development of joint positions on issues of common concerns, identify allies in advocacy for key UNFPA issues, and articulate UNFPA’s niche areas of value added.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Gender studies, Public Health, Sociology, International Relations, International Development, Demography, Economics, programme management or any other related discipline.
- 5 year’s of professional experience in development work.
- Prior experience in programme/project management is preferred.
- Solid knowledge and practical experience in gender.
- Integration of gender, sexual and reproductive health, youth, and humanitarian programming is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable ability to work with a variety of stakeholder including government, civil society, development partners and the academia.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, precision and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- UN system experience, especially field experience, is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French, is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.