Deadline: 22 October 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist, Women’s Economic Empowerment and Humanitarian Action in Juba, South Sudan.
The Programme Specialist, Women’s Economic Empowerment and Humanitarian Action will continue to implement and provide overall oversight to UN Women’s South Sudan work in the area of women’s economic empowerment and women peace and security and humanitarian action.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist, Women’s Economic Empowerment and Humanitarian Action will perform the following functions-
- Design and develop programmes in the areas of Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) and Humanitarian Action in the South Sudan:
- Translate the priorities of the new Strategic Note into programme interventions into WEE and Humanitarian Action.
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and concept notes.
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to WEE and Humanitarian Action.
- Manage the implementation and management of the WEE and Humanitarian Action programmes:
- Prepare and launch Request for Proposals (RFPs); review partners proposals and budgets and progress reports for the implementation of Humanitarian Assistance Programme funded by the government of Japan and Germany.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of WEE and humanitarian programme activities to ensure timely execution and delivery of expected results.
- Oversee the programme delivery by the implementing NGO partners, ensuring effective use of resources and compliance with UN Women rules and procedures as well as with donor or fund requirements.
- Manage capacity building initiatives
- Design a standard process and train partners on management of women empowerment centres based on best practices in other parts of the country and the sub-region.
- Lead the development of standard manual for vocational skills and business management training for partners.
- Manage Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting activities
- Manage the submission of partner financial and narrative reports.
- Conduct timely field monitoring of activities and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on operations and performance with regular and timely submission.
- Manage Communication and Knowledge Management initiatives
- Liaise with the Communication’s focal person and NGO partners to prepare press releases and human-interest stories to be published by the South Sudan media houses, UN Women Regional Office in East and Southern Africa Region and the UN Women HQ websites.
- Contribute to the systematic collation of good practices and lessons learned.
- Support Representation and Coordination
- Support the Deputy Country Representative to coordinate Results Group 4 on Empowering Women and youth” of the South Sudan Cooperation’s Framework (UNCF) through organizing meetings, compiling meeting minutes, consolidating quarterly reports and workplan.
- Represent UN Women in other results group as assigned by the Country Office.
- Provide technical support to the development of strategic approaches to policy dialogue, resource mobilization, partnerships, and outreach.
- Manage the people and financial resources of the WEE programme
- Ensure WEE and Humanitarian programme activities are implemented in accordance with the annual workplan and budget.
- Supervise WEE team members; Mentor and coach staff and conduct timely performance assessments.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in development studies, gender issues, economics, political science, international relations, public policy, law or other social science fields.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in designing, managing and implementing projects in conflict and/ post-conflict environment;
- Relevant experience in operational/financial issues especially in humanitarian/post conflict contexts.
- Professional experience in addressing gender equality issues and women’s empowerment.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and one other UN language is strongly preferred.
- Additional Arabic language skill is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.