Deadline: 28 February 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Dnipro, Ukraine.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- In close coordination with the Protection Manager, Protection Team leader and Legal Protection team, ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan;
- Support the Protection Officer in implementation of all protection activities;
- Implement of all protection activities, including but not limited to work with local authorities, implementation of community-based initiatives, community’s capacity building, assistance to conflict-affected population;
- Contribute to the design of clear weekly and monthly plans for the implementation of all protection activities;
- Manage individual cases, provide advice and guidance as well as referrals to beneficiaries on issues related to accessing required services.
- Carry out protection monitoring, data collection and documenting the needs of the persons of concern,
- Participate in awareness raising sessions and information campaigns of the persons of concern,
- Participate in joint assessments and identifying protection concerns,
- Support mapping of services and development of effective referral pathways,
- Identify, conduct and follow up referral,
Applicants must have:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, development, international relations, gender, law) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 1 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in local language and English – both oral and written.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and stress resilience.
- Strong facilitation skills, building communication with local authorities;
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- High professional ethics.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.