Deadline: 17 May 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Secondary Education and Learning Specialistt in Panama City, Panama.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Secondary Education and Learning Specialistt will perform the following functions-
- Plan and collaborate with monitoring and evaluation initiatives to establish benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators, to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results in education programs.
- Participate in major monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to engage stakeholders to take required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Monitor programs/projects to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
Applicants must have-
- An Advanced University Degree in Education, Economics, Psychology, Sociology or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in programme planning, management, and research in education at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Specialization or experience in areas such as secondary education, learning, and skills development is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender equality and girls’ education.
- Experience working in the UN system agency or UN organisation is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Knowledge of Portuguese, French and Dutch would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.