Deadline: 8 May 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Gender Specialist in Baghdad, Iraq.
The Senior Gender Specialist will be responsible for carrying out a country wide gender analysis that will feed into the currently under development Country Strategic Plan and develop the gender mainstreaming plan for WFP’s operations in the country for the period 2020 -2024.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Gender Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Undertake a gender and age analysis – comprising primary data collection and review of secondary data – that elucidates the food security and nutrition situation in Iraq, from the individual – women, men, girls and boys among IDPs, Syrian refugees, returnees, host communities – to institutional levels.
- Provide need based information, support to design, plan, implement, monitor, revise, report and learn from interventions that bring empowering changes in the lives of women, men, girls and boys and contribute to achieving gender equality.
- Assist the Country Office in monitoring and evaluating gender related issues through disaggregated data collection, in the design and piloting of new programmes and initiatives if necessary.
- Provide the framework for structuring the Iraq-specific gender and age analysis that will be used along with other tools and resources recommended by the GS.
- Strengthen the gender-related capacities of WFP employees and partners Following an assessment of the gender knowledge and skills among WFP employees and partners.
- Develop and deliver a package of learning opportunities to strengthen the gender capacities of WFP employees and partners tailored to effective implementation of the CSP (2020 – 2024).
- Help WFP and its partners in the implementation of the responses which may include programmatic actions under the upcoming CSP (2020 – 2024), advocacy measures, partnership building and coordination enhancement activities, etc.
- Work with and/or consult WFP field staff; protection focal points; the Government of Iraq agencies dealing with gender related issues in the country; WFP cooperating/implementing partners; and other relevant actors on the ground.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree (BA) or equivalent in Statistics, Political/Social Science, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies, Economics or Sociology.
- Advanced Degree holders (MA/PhD); and either academic or professional training in social research methods, including gender analysis.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in conducting social research and gender analysis.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues.
- Strong understanding of gender concepts and demonstrated experience in applying gender analytical tools and conceptual frameworks to programming.
- Demonstrated ability (through previous similar assignments) to analyse, compile and synthesize information in coherent and succinct formats.
- Understand gender dynamics within food security and nutrition.
- Previous experience in writing comprehensive reports aimed at informing programme design and implementation.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at WFP.