Deadline: 8 March 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Social Protection Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Senior Social Protection Specialist will guide the activities of the RSR Gender Window and work to develop gender-smart social protection programs, policies, and research.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Social Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide strategic guidance to the RSR Gender Window and the development of the calls for proposals.
- Assist grant recipients with project design and execution as needed, to improve the delivery, impact, and lessons learned from RSR-Gender window funded projects and research.
- Lead knowledge management and synthesis of evidence from RSR-Gender window funded activities on what works to develop or enhance gender-smart social protection.
- Strengthen capacity of World Bank teams to design and implement gender-responsive social protection, through training, information and awareness raising, increasing knowledge and changing attitudes and practices on gender-smart social protection.
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to operational teams in SPJ and RSR projects on addressing women’s intersecting vulnerabilities, with a focus on disability inclusion.
- Assist with the preparation of periodic reports to the funders.
- Work with the team to identify and pursue other sources of finance to extend and scale up the capacity of the RSR-Gender window.
- Lead the production of evidence-based operational notes and chapeau publications on addressing gender gaps, including gender-smart social protection and addressing the sources of vulnerability that affect women and girls.
- Link to the DFID GSP program partners to share lessons from research and evidence and participate in related GSP program activities.
- Provide support to apply the lessons from RSR-supported work to other lending operations and analytical activities.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced degree (at least a Master’s Degree) in Economics, International Development, or other social sciences and related areas.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong operational experience in human development areas is a plus, preferably with the WBG.
- A record of leadership in research, analysis, and operations focusing on the constraints facing women and girls around the world.
- Strong experience with the design, implementation, and evaluation of social protection and safety-net systems and programs, especially as they address gender-specific sources of vulnerability.
- Strong experience in capacity building, and supporting knowledge and evidence uptake.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GBV guiding principles and evidence base for effective interventions is preferred, as is knowledge and experience of GBV prevention and response.
- Demonstrated ability to provide relevant, well-grounded, and high-quality analytical inputs to operations with a focus on results.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information into usable forms for diverse audiences.
- Ability to write effectively for various audiences under pressure, with tight deadlines in a rapidly changing organizational environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members, contribute productively to the team’s work and output and demonstrate respect for different points of view.
- Strong drive for results with the ability to work independently and diligently, while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.