Deadline: 21 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader -Protection -Gender Based Violence Prevention in Sittwe, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Team Leader -Protection -Gender Based Violence Prevention will perform the following functions:
- Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead the activity implementation of all Gender Based Violence prevention activities carried out in the 8 Women and Girls Centers in villages and camps in Sittwe and Pauktaw.
- Oversee the sound implementation of the Gender Based Violence prevention curriculum, the sexual and reproductive health education and PSS activities in the Women and Girls Centers.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of the Gender Based Violence program activities throughout the duration of the projects.
- Provide technical support and oversight to all the Gender Based Violence prevention team.
- Supervise GBV officers, and ensure they comply with their duties and responsibilities.
- Complete donor quarterly reports and draft sections of the GBV project proposals.
- Monitor that project expenditure is on track as per the project budget and spending plans.
- Technical Oversight and Staff Capacity Development in Gender Based Violence Guidelines
- Support GBV team members and center based staff in capacity building, GBV prevention activities.
- Direct the planning and roll out of all psychosocial activities in 7 monasteries in Mrauk and 7 women and girls center.
- Support the GBV manager in the harmonization of tools, resources, activities and methodologies across Rakhine state.
- Identify gaps and capacity building needs of GBV team members and field based staff.
- Inform and support the GBV manager in identifying context based information to draft context specific activities, awareness sessions and curricula implemented in the Women and Girls Centers.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University (BA/BSc) Degree in relevant field.
- 3 years’ relevant experience working the humanitarian or development organization, with excellent references.
- At least 2 year’s working for women protection and or empowerment required.
- Previous experience in working with communities, raising awareness and providing services.
- Experience in facilitating group activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving gender equality, promoting women leadership and eliminating discrimination and violence against women.
- Proven leadership skills and experience supervising staff.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Burmese and English.
- Additional local languages would be an asset.
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State.
- Experience in reproductive health.
- English written and spoken.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.