Deadline: 21 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader-Protection_GBV Response in Mrauk Oo, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Team Leader-Protection_GBV Response will perform the following functions:
- Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead the implementation of all Gender-Based Violence response activities carried out in the 8 Women and Girls Centers in camps and villages in Sittwe and Pauktaw.
- Oversee the sound implementation of case management activities in the Women and Girls Centers.
- Supervise GBV Response officers and assistants, and ensure they comply with their duties and responsibilities.
- Provide technical support and management to the GBV Information Management Officer.
- Contribute to donor reporting on Response activites and to nationwide and international GBVIMS reports.
- Monitor GBV Response team spending and budgets, contribute to the overall GBV team budget monitoring.
- Technical Oversight and Staff Capacity Development in Gender Based Violence Guidelines
- Support GBV team members and center based staff in capacity building, GBV response activities and updating GBVIMS as necessary.
- Support the GBV manager and GBV Specialist in the harmonization of tools, resources, activities and methodologies of response activities in Rakhine state.
- Identify gaps and capacity building needs of GBV team members and field based staff in GBV response.
- Inform and support the GBV manager in identifying gaps and evidence on overall case management in Sittwe and Pauktaw.
- Co facilitate with the GBV manager training on caring for survivors, GBV case management, GBV IMS and other workshops that meet the learning needs of the team.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University (BA/BSc) Degree in the relevant field.
- 3 year’s relevant experience working the humanitarian or development organization, with excellent references.
- At least 2 year’s working for women protection and or empowerment required.
- Previous experience in case management oversight and GBV activities required.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving gender equality, promoting womens leadership and eliminating discrimination and violence against women.
- Proven leadership skills and experience supervising staff.
- Experience in social work or counseling is an asset.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Burmese and English.
- Additional local languages would be an asset.
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State.
- Experience in counseling or reproductive health.
- Rakhine and Muslim language skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.