Deadline: 21 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader-Protection_GBV Response in Mrauk Oo, Myanmar.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader-Protection_GBV Response will perform the following functions:
- Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead the implementation of all Gender-Based Violence response activities carried out in the 8 Women and Girls Centers in camps and villages in Sittwe and Pauktaw.
- Oversee the sound implementation of case management activities in the Women and Girls Centers.
- Supervise GBV Response officers and assistants, and ensure they comply with their duties and responsibilities.
- Provide technical support and management to the GBV Information Management Officer.
- Contribute to donor reporting on Response activites and to nationwide and international GBVIMS reports.
- Monitor GBV Response team spending and budgets, contribute to the overall GBV team budget monitoring.
- Technical Oversight and Staff Capacity Development in Gender Based Violence Guidelines
- Support GBV team members and center based staff in capacity building, GBV response activities and updating GBVIMS as necessary.
- Support the GBV manager and GBV Specialist in the harmonization of tools, resources, activities and methodologies of response activities in Rakhine state.
- Identify gaps and capacity building needs of GBV team members and field based staff in GBV response.
- Inform and support the GBV manager in identifying gaps and evidence on overall case management in Sittwe and Pauktaw.
- Co facilitate with the GBV manager training on caring for survivors, GBV case management, GBV IMS and other workshops that meet the learning needs of the team.
Applicants must have:
- University (BA/BSc) Degree in the relevant field.
- 3 year’s relevant experience working the humanitarian or development organization, with excellent references.
- At least 2 year’s working for women protection and or empowerment required.
- Previous experience in case management oversight and GBV activities required.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving gender equality, promoting womens leadership and eliminating discrimination and violence against women.
- Proven leadership skills and experience supervising staff.
- Experience in social work or counseling is an asset.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Burmese and English.
- Additional local languages would be an asset.
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State.
- Experience in counseling or reproductive health.
- Rakhine and Muslim language skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.