Deadline: 14 April 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Grants Management Specialist in Sana’a, Yemen. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Grants Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Technical Support:
- Provide expert advisory services for the specialized area of grants management and donor compliance.
- Review donor contracts to inform decision making during contract execution and implementation.
- Keep abreast of, interpret, and provide guidance to staff on donor regulations and policies, educate project staff on award compliance issues.
- Reporting and proposals:
- Manage and supervise internal and external reporting, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and DRC requirements.
- Facilitate review of reports by DRC’s headquarters and regional offices as per internal procedures, incorporate feedback received, and address all questions and comments.
- Maintain and share monthly Grants Tracker with relevant colleagues, including keeping an overview of financial and narrative reports as well as pipeline proposal and amendments.
- Assist management in donor liaison and communication.
- Represent DRC in other external meetings with stakeholders and coordination meetings.
- Assist on communication, negotations and coordination with donors and external stakeholders.
- Training and capacity building
- Undertake training for programme and operation staff on grants management and processes to enhance quality within DRC programming.
- Support on development of training material, and faciltiaiton of trainings, on report writing and donor compliance with local partners.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field.
- At least 3 year’s technical experience in grants management, including humanitarian funding, proposal writing, report writing, donor compliance and project cycle management.
- Technical experience from grants management from another INGO.
- Experience in managing proposal development and proposal writing processes for relevant UN, US and EU donors.
- Experience with coordinating, managing and reviewing donor reports and ensuring timely, high quality reports to donors.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze budgets for compliance with donor budget guidelines.
- Confident in Program Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive and work with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of working on donor reports, proposals and sub-grants, and with UN, US and EU donors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.