Deadline: 8 November 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer – COVAX in Aden, Yemen. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer – COVAX will perform the following functions:
- Support the data collection, collation, analyses, tracking, production and dissemination of data/information. This includes the extended support to Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI).
- Provide technical assistance to Ministry of Health to ensure effective vaccine deployment and availability for timely, complete and relevant data of vaccines and EPI program.
- Provide technical support the COVAX data registration and COVID19 vaccination certification platforms.
- Provide IM support to vaccination campaigns including definition of target groups and ensures the respective live monitoring and reporting of the campaigns and daily operational reporting and results dissemination.
- Ensure effectively that AEFI (Adverse Effects Following Immunization) events are properly captured, analyzed and periodic reports are issued and disseminated.
- Develop internal and external situation reports (SitReps), health risk assessments, periodic reporting of EPI indicators and assist Ministry of Health to disseminate EPI data through periodic reports and online dashboards.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in information or data management, computer sciences, statistics, applied math, public health, or a related field and two fundamental DHIS2 certificates.
- Specialization in information management systems.
- Specific training in DHIS2 Level1 & level2 trainings.
- At least 2 year’s related experience in information management, monitoring, and data analysis.
- At least 3 year’s experience in the surveillance especially related to VPDs .
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies experience working in relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Advanced use of MS Office, particularly spreadsheets, data visualization and analysis tools, and databases.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.