Deadline: 10 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Aden, Yemen. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the timely and cost-effective implementation of the activities in the area of responsibility.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Endeavour to create a strong team spirit, cohesive and mutually supportive, across the various project stakeholders.
- Propose targeting and selection criteria for the UNDP interventions also providing inputs to the joint coordination unit at the sub national level to harmonize approaches.
- Ensure timely transfer of project deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials to national beneficiaries, as per rules and regulations.
- Lead the implementation of the Project M&E plan, by providing guidance to the M&E and Reporting specialist, monitoring events and updating the plan as required, and carrying out monitoring visits to Project sites on a regular basis.
- Undertake and document field visits to projects, local NGOs, communities and when needed, liaise with partners and officials on behalf of UNDP.
- Provide the needed support and follow-up during the midterm and final project evaluation as required.
- Serve as the UNDP focal point for the Mine Action programme, and represent and promote UNDP.
- Effectively implement the communications and visibility and communication plan developed at the central level and contribute to the production and publication of public information material.
- Collect human interest stories and beneficiary testimonials, and relay them to the UNDP Mine Action Chief Technical Adviser, for use in communications and advocacy products.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree preferably in management, development, economics, engineering, social sciences, or other relevant degree is required.
- Bachelor Degree in management, development, economics, engineering, social sciences, or other relevant degree with 2 additional years of relevant and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Substantive project operational management experience, including detailed working knowledge of human resources, procurement, ICT, finance, asset management and logistics.
- Experience of remote management an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of southern Governorates.
- Knowledge of UNDP and UN system programming and familiarity with UNDP/UN project management rules and regulations and operational tools is desirable.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English (written and spoken).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.