Deadline: 5 April 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager Agro-forestry in Katete, Zambia.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Project Manager Agro-forestry will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for steering the team and offers quality control and monitoring.
- Report to SNV Management and prepares donor reports and proper archiving.
- Responsible for detailed annual work-planning and timely execution of activities.
- Proper budgeting and timely expenditures according to budget and schedule.
- Implement the project, the PM maintains a close collaboration with partners with clear delineation of roles and responsibilities and an emphasis on constructive, cordial and transparent working relations.
- Network and synergize with regional stakeholders to promote the project’s objectives.
- Lead Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning efforts,.
- Lead administrative day to day operations of the field office.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Masters’ level education with minimum 7 year’s working experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree with 10 year’s professional experience.
- At least 4 year’s of demonstrated managerial experience.
- Proven track record with over 5 year’s of experience in agroforestry, including practical experience in policy development.
- Ability to develop Terms of references for consulting assignments and ability to assess consulting outputs and steer these to become high quality and innovative outputs.
- Experience in one or more of the following topics would be advantageous: Forestry, Renewable Energy, Gender, Youth (self) Employment; basic knowledge on all topics is required.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrable ability to negotiate and moderate with senior officials, senior research and NGO partners, traditional leaders and senior business executives.
- Given the strong business focus of the project, private sector experience is very much welcomed.
- Given the equally strong training focus of the project, experience in training, but also in development of training and/or communications material is a clear asset.
- Strong ICT / Computer Literacy.
- Fluency in written and oral English, proficiency in multiple local languages is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.