Deadline: 26 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Agriculture Food Value Chain Specialist in Chipata, Zambia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Agriculture Food Value Chain Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, the Forestry Department, and the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock provide technical support to the sector activities under the SUN II program in the 5 districts in the Eastern and Muchinga provinces.
- Liaise with the local NGOs and the DNCC to ensure the implementation of nutrition-sensitive agricultural activities relating to FAO technical support to SUN II in the two provinces.
- Consultation with the SUN II Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, carry out monitoring and evaluation of SUN II activities in the assigned provinces.
- Consultation with the Communications Specialist, collaborate with the district and provincial media organizations to communicate information relating to FAO technical support to SUN II.
- Contribute to the organization of and/or participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, consultations, and field visits as needed.
- Contribute to building collaborations and partnerships.
- Represent FAO in the district and provincial level SUNII partners meeting in the assigned provinces.
- Write monthly progress reports relating to FAO technical support to SUN II in the two provinces.
Applicants must have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural agribusiness, Livestock production or related field.
- 5 year’s relevant progressive experience working in Agriculture/Agricultural Business/Livestock Production.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the area of business development services (BDS) market development approach including value chain development (VCD).
- Knowledge of nutrition is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Zambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.