Deadline: 4 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief WASH in Lusaka, Zambia. The duration for this post is 2 years.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief WASH will perform the following functions:
- Managerial leadership.
- Programme development and planning.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Advisory services and technical support.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree in one of the following fields is required public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main Degree is an asset.
- Minimum 8 year’s professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- One year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- Proven ability to effectively lead a team to deliver results is required.
- At least 1 year’s work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month mission deployment (with UN-Govt-INGO) is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.