Deadline: 2 July 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Social Protection Specialist in Lusaka, Zambia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Social Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the roll out of the FSP pilot programme, as designed by FAO in collaboration with the GOZ
- Support and contribute to effective and efficient planning management, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation activities related to the FSP.
- Ensure that the project enhances social protection and agriculture dialogue within policy spaces in Zambia.
- Participate in and provide support in policy dialogue on social protection policies, legislation, and programmes with attention to increasing coverage of social protection and contribute to strategic (internal and external) processes of Cash Plus interventions, including development of documents.
- Support strengthening closer collaboration between participants of the Capacity Development Programme (CDP), from various ministries, as part of the efforts to enhance the cash plus initiatives and cross-sectoral collaboration in Zambia.
- Facilitate capacity building efforts for the multi-sectoral cluster advisory group (CAG) members to be involved in the implementation of the cash plus initiative on coherent, multi-sectoral approaches for poverty reduction.
- Establish of effective partnerships with the Government, bilateral and multilateral donors, NGOs, civil society, and other UN agencies to support sustained commitment towards FSP and XX to extending social protection to rural communities.
- Support in developing a social protection strategic engagement document for the FAO Zambia Office through consultations with the key stakeholders in the agriculture and social protection sector as well as review of key social protection and agriculture policy and Programme documents as well as FAO led research products.
Applicant must have:
- University qualification in the field of social protection, social policy, rural development, development studies or equivalent.
- At least 5 year’s relevant progressive experience in the field of social protection and rural development, including experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, capacity development/training, policy support and analysis and relevant experience at field level.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the fields of agriculture and rural development and social protection.
- Familiar with systematic, well-structured, and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Familiar with liaising with government officials and technical departments is considered an asset.
Analytical ability, accuracy, and consistency.
- Knowledge of social protection, rural development and agriculture context in Zambia
- Knowledge and experience of engagement and providing policy discussion and decisions
- Nationality of Zambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.